Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bear season is here -- be a safe and smart camper!

Hey folks, bear season is here, so make sure to be "bear aware" as you are camping and bushcrafting in the backcountry. If you haven't already done so, make sure to read our "BEAR SAFETY: How to Camp in Bear Country" post to get tips on staying safe. 

It's also a good idea to carry a can of bear spray. My personal favorite is Counter Assault Bear Spray. I've carried it for many years, and it's also the stuff that government wildlife agents carry.

The video below is not of a real camp, but it shows exactly what bears will do if you don't store food correctly. Stay safe and enjoy your summer adventures!


1 comment:

  1. I do not even know how I ended up here, but
    I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely
    you are going to a famous blogger if you are
    not already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete