New for 2016, Emberlit Campstoves is releasing a new bush utensil that combines a spoon, fork and a pair of tongs all into one. "Sprongs," as Emberlit calls them, are the latest brainchild of Emberlit Campstoves founder Mikhail Merkurieff.
Looking to get more functionality out of the classic combo utensil designs that are on the market today, Mikhail went back to the drawing board and came up with a simple but highly useful solution.
A functional pivoting attachment on each fork and spoon handle allows the utensils to combine to instantly convert into a useful set of tongs. The result is a surprisingly handy and easy to use backpacking tool.
- Sprongs\' spoon and fork lock together to form useful tongs. Three utensils for the space and weight of two!
- The spoon and fork nest together for convenient storage.
- Sprongs\' dimensions are based on home silverware for familiarity and comfort.
- The spoon is 1 tablespoon in volume, a common and useful unit of measure.
- Sprongs\' extra long handles reach the bottom of MREs and dehydrated meals to avoid getting hands covered in food.
- The fork doubles as a bail hook for lifting hot lids and pots.
- Sprongs have a strategically placed lanyard hole for added convenience when storing.
- Made in the USA from food safe, BPA free, hi temp (400° F), ultra strong, and flexible nylon.
- Weight: 0.7 ounces (as weighed on a digital postal scale)
- Price: $12.99, available directly from Emberlit's website
All Sprongs are 100% made in the USA from BPA-free/food safe, high temperature (400° F) flexible nylon.
Check back in a few weeks and I should have a field test update on the Sprongs. I have a couple of backpacking trips planned and will be using them as my main eating utensil.
For more information, visit: https://emberlit.com/all-products/Sprongs-Camping-Utensils-fork-and-spoon